Are You Cleaning The Most Common Thing You Use Daily?
Start cleaning your cellphone, it’s probably long overdue
According to a 2019 survey the average person touches their cellphone 2,617 times daily. Please consult the manufacturer of your phone or carrying case for any specific instructions that they might have in order to avoid damaging your device or case.
While specific instructions may vary depending on your device, Apple is advising the following for its products:
- Use only a soft, lint-free cloth.
- Avoid excessive wiping.
- Unplug all power sources, devices, and cables.
- Keep liquids away from your device.
- Don’t allow moisture to get into any openings.
- Avoid aerosol sprays, bleaches, and abrasives.
- Avoid spraying cleaners directly onto your device.
Apple is recommending the use of 70 percent isopropyl alcohol wipes or Clorox Disinfecting Wipes to wipe down any hard, nonporous surfaces.
However, they say you should avoid using them on leather or fabric to prevent damage.