Benefits Of CBD For Your Skin
What can CBD do for your skin?
The two leading causes of skin aging and common skin issues like acne and hyperpigmentationare:
- free radical damage to the epidermis
- inflammation caused by irregular functions in the endocannabinoid system
Here’s how the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits of CBD affect the body’s largest organ:
- Regulates oil production. The overproduction of sebum is thought to be a contributing factor of acne. According to a 2014 study, CBD may have an anti-inflammatory effect on sebocytes, the skin cells that produce sebum.
- Helps reduce inflammation. As an anti-inflammatory, CBD may be able to help reduce swelling, pain, and redness from existing breakouts, or irritation from skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis.
- Hydrates dry skin. Research from 2009 suggests that CBD may be effective for dry, dehydrated skin.
How to use CBD for skin care
CBD skin care products are, obviously, applied to the skin. But application depends on the specific product. If you’re using a serum, spray, cleanser, mask, or moisturizer, you’ll use them in the same order as regular skin care. Follow the directions on the label, and you should be all set.