Excess body hair
- For large areas of the body like the shoulders and back, laser hair removal might be the best option.
- People who have light skin and dark hair are ideal candidates for laser hair removal.
- New, longer wavelength lasers can successfully be used on people who have darker skin tones.
Athlete’s foot, jock itch and nail fungus
- Tinea fungus can cause three common fungal infections: athlete’s foot, jock itch, and nail fungus.
- Tinea fungus can easily spread from one area of the body to another and requires immediate treatment.
- Tinea fungus also can affect the nails, causing the end of the nail to separate from the nail bed.
- To avoid tinea, keep the areas it targets dry and clean, use shower sandals in public bathing areas, and wear loose-fitting clothing.
- According to a recent Academy consumer poll2, 65 percent of men used sunscreen when outdoors.
- However, only 5 percent use sunscreen on a daily basis.
- Applying sunscreen is the No. 1 thing men can do to reduce aging skin.
See your dermatologist for successful diagnosis and treatment of men’s skin conditions.